Our daily life is under a lot of stress, wich makes us feel angry and tired… But everyday comes with a new and exciting opportunity for us to get healthier. Specialists claim that we have to improve five areas in our lifestyle:
- Physical activity
Nowadays, we have lots of information about what a healthy feeding is; but, sometimes, one may found this information unclear or incomprehensible. Sometimes, we find miracle diets which promise a perfect weight in two or three days… However, it’s very difficult (or impossible) to be healthy without spending a precious time in the kitchen. In other words: no single food can provide all the nutrients our body needs; follow a healthy diet can be sometimes frustrating. It requires determination a time.
- More and more doctors say that the point is in the quantity and the quality. Gaining weight is based in the quantity and quality of the calories that we ingest. The time in which we eat is not so important. Burning calories, physical activity, running… They are important, but remember: if you want to lose weight, you must eat healthier and take care about the quantity.
- Starchy foods: they are our main source of carbohydrates and play a main role in a healthy diet. However, we prefer starchy foods without added sugar, keep this in mind.
- Sources of good whole grains: bulgur (cracked wheat), whole wheat flour, whole oats/oatmeal, whole grain corn/corn meal…
- Fruit and vegetables are a good option.
- Fish better than meat.
- Learn to forget about spirit drinks and sugar: sugar and alcoholic drinks help us to gain weight.
Our lifestyle involves constant tension. Our bodies are subjected to tensions and stress. Poor postures and stress can cause a constant state of tension. Conscious relaxation can help to relieve stress and anxiety. Some links:
Breathing is a fundamental process in our life. Moreover, we breathe everyday, all the time (i hope). So breathing is a key in our health… How to breathe the right way?
Sometimes, our constant tension avoids a right breathing. If we aren’t breathing correctly,
we can develop big problems since healthy breathing patterns are how your body maintains a high metabolism and delivers oxygen to vital tissues. In addition, if you breathe too fast or don’t inhale deeply enough, you can increase the pH of your blood, and this can decrease the amount of blood getting to your brain and muscles and result in less oxygen being released by that blood.
Have a look at this link, you can find interesting things there.
Meditation is a practice that involves focusing attention on something with the intent to bring the mind to a state of stillness. You can find more information on the following links:
What would a healthy lifestyle be without physical activity and running, for example? Exercise provides physical and emotional benefits. The muscles of the body tends to decrease as we age, so it is a biological marker of aging.
Physical activity entails an expenditure of calories that allow us to achieve a balance in our weight. Moreover, it also encourages other processes, such as breathing, blood flow and cholesterol…
What exercise must you do? It depends on the age , initial conditions … Maybe the most important thing is making something you like. From this web we recommend running and good sneakers, of course :-))
There are plenty of options available for living healthier. Here are some of them.
Top habits for a healthy lifestyle:
- Live longer by practicing forgiveness.
- Adequate sleep
- Natural remedies and alternative medicine: natural remedies for cough, weight, stress…